Contraindications and side effects of Galileo® Therapy
A careful anamnesis is a basic prerequisite for any therapy. Before drawing up a therapy plan, there must be a good knowledge of the current physical condition and any risks! A detailed questioning of the user regarding contraindications must therefore be carried out before the first application of Galileo Therapy. Of course, the individual history of the user must also be taken into account.
The following contraindications have been established based on safety considerations and must be ruled out before first use.
The following contraindications must be excluded before the first application
A question to which a stunning answer must be given.
An answer that should make us rethink the subject of training, especially when it comes to the topic of bone formation, especially in old age.
- Acute thrombosis (acute vascular occlusion)
- Artificial joints in stimulated body regions
- Fresh fractures (broken bones) in stimulated body regions
- After operations and for fresh wounds and scars in the stimulated body regions or if the wound healing is not yet completely finished.
- Acute inflammation of the musculoskeletal system, activated arthrosis or arthropathy (e.g. acute inflammation and swelling in joints).
- Acute tendinopathies in stimulated body regions (acute tendonitis)
- Acute hernias (tissue fractures)
- Acute discopathy (acute disc-related back problem)
- Stone disease of the bile ducts and urinary tract
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Epilepsy due to secondary risk of injury
Do you have further questions about the use of Galileo ® Therapy?
Simply arrange a non-binding consultation.
At the beginning of the therapy phase
Especially at the beginning of the therapy phase, the user should be consulted at regular intervals (e.g. in the first two weeks after each therapy session) about his or her personal feeling of the therapy progress in order to be able to optimally adjust the therapy individually and to avoid the following side effects:
- Nausea and dizziness due to rapid, short-term drop in blood pressure
- Rapid hypoglycaemia in diabetes due to high muscle activity
- Itching in the treated body regions (especially in the calves or on the torso) due to high blood circulation/muscle work
- Blistering at contact points to the therapy platform
The side effects nausea, dizziness, drop in blood pressure and itching are usually harmless. They are signs of too high therapy intensity or too long therapy duration, which can be corrected by regular applications with a correspondingly slow increase in intensity in terms of duration and amplitude (foot position).
BLOOD CIRCULATION AND THE CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM
Galileo Therapy causes increased muscle work, especially in the lower extremity, so that there is an increased blood flow into it, which can lead to a brief drop in blood pressure and dizziness during or shortly after the application of Galileo Therapy in sensitive users. Especially in elderly users or users with known hypotension (low blood pressure), special attention should be paid to the possibility of dizziness and drop in blood pressure to avoid falls due to dizziness. The occurrence of dizziness should not be taken as a contraindication, but rather as a sign of poor training state. A slow, adapted increase in intensity and duration provides relief.
OPTIONAL WARM-UP TRAINING FOR CARDIOVASCULAR PATIENTS
To warm up and better prepare for the Galileo therapy, especially older users or hypotonics (low blood pressure) can exercise on a bicycle ergometer or rowing machine directly before the therapy with Galileo.
Diabetics may experience rapid hypoglycaemia, especially during and after longer, strenuous therapy sessions. Always have glucose with you!
You would like to learn more about the background of Galileo® Therapy?n ?
Choose one of the following topics:
The Galileo® Research Fact sheets
Research results for Galileo® devices
Let Galileo® Therapy convince you!
Numerous scientific studies prove the effectiveness of therapy with Galileo.
Benefit from the knowledge gained from 25 years of experience and from over 500 scientific publications on Galileo worldwide.
Do you have questions about our products or would you like to purchase a product?
Let our experts advise you. Simply arrange a non-binding consultation.